Office & Communications Manager vacancy
WFN seeks a proactive and organised Office & Communications Manager to deliver effective office and facilities management, and with a passion for communicating positive conservation stories. You will be instrumental in ensuring that IT runs smoothly and efficiently, and that the team has effective support. This varied position offers the successful candidate an important role at WFN, responsible for website updates, social media, database development, as well as assisting with PR, in organising events and supporting the Donor Manager with fundraising. You will be a self-starter and have a key role in running and improving the charity’s systems. To succeed in this position, you will have experience in a wide range of administrative duties, have excellent organisational and time management skills and be accustomed to managing and prioritising a varied workload. You will have at least four years’ prior relevant office administration and facilities management experience, including webmaster experience (ideally using Word Press), and proficiency in database management (ideally using the Salesforce platform). You will also be a strong writer, to support and lead on communications across the charity (inc online and printed). The right person will have a real desire to contribute to the mission of an effective wildlife conservation charity. A proven track record in price negotiation and delivering within budget is required.
- At least four years’ experience in office administration and facilities management.
- At least one years’ experience in database management (ideally Salesforce).
- Excellent written and oral communication skills: able to communicate with colleagues, trustees, donors, suppliers and others as required, leading on digital communications (social media, website, e-letters) and assisting with printed communications (writing and proof reading) and PR.
- I.T. proficient, able to liaise with I.T. consultant to maintain charity I.T. systems (the office uses Microsoft).
- Confident webmaster /editor, (WordPress preferred) and able to liaise with our website agency to lead on maintaining the website and on larger redesigns.
- Excellent telephone skills, able to respond to a variety of callers and enquiries appropriately.
- Proven skill in effective budgeting, able to follow the charity’s financial procedures, negotiate and agree the best terms with suppliers of activities delegated to the role (as agreed at annual budget meetings).
- Proficient in Excel, PowerPoint, Word and Microsoft Office.
- Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Extremely organised, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to anticipate problems and mitigate them before they arise.
- High levels of flexibility and initiative, to thrive in a small charity office environment.
- Experience of building/design of databases for optimal donor and/or grant management
- Knowledge of IT user support
- Experience of event organisation
Additional Details Related to the Position
- The charity operates a Pension Scheme
- Holiday entitlement will be at the rate of 2 days per calendar month (pro rata)
- Competitive salary in the range of £25,000 – £30,000 p.a. depending on experience and qualifications
- Apply: before the 29th April deadline. Send CVs including contact details for two referees and a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be right for this position and your motivation to: email@example.com
- Please indicate what your notice period, if any, would be in your letter
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK at the time of application will be considered for this role
Download the Job Specification