Office Manager Vacancy
Purpose of role: To run a small charity office, managing facilities, I.T. and database development, providing team support and assisting with events at a leading grant-making wildlife conservation charity.
Reports to: Director.
Place of work: Central London.
Contract: Permanent following probationary period; 3-4 days p/w, flexible depending on candidate’s availability.
Salary: £25,000 p.a. pro rata
Deadline: 30th September (before end of day). Interviews will be targeted during the weeks commencing 8th & 15th Oct.
Apply: Send CVs including contact details for two referees and a cover letter explaining why you feel you would be right for this position and your motivation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Whitley Fund for Nature (WFN)
WFN is a UK-registered charity (www.whitleyaward.org no. 1081455) offering funding (Awards) and media profile to inspiring leaders of wildlife conservation projects across the Global South. We support pragmatic, sustainable and long-lasting work rooted in science and community involvement. The charity funds projects directly and we remain in regular contact with our winners. WFN also raises awareness of the serious problems facing wildlife and their habitat through promoting the work of winners. We focus support on nationals (leaders who were either born to the country where they work or have gained nationality) and aim to build the capacity of successful local NGOs and grassroots work. We fund mainly in Africa, Asia and South/Latin America where income is often hardest to raise and can have the biggest impact for people and biodiversity.
Our funding is raised each year, mainly from family foundations and trusts, as well as from individuals, corporates and international NGOs. WFN is governed by a committed trustee board. Our small team is dynamic, hard-working and strives to go above and beyond expectations. The charity benefits from high profile support from patron, HRH The Princess Royal and Trustee, Sir David Attenborough. 2018 marks WFN’s 25th Anniversary, providing an opportune moment to highlight the collective impact of our winners, and fundraise to support effective conservation and our strategic vision. To mark the occasion we are excited to be holding a ‘Hope Gala’ with Sir David Attenborough at the Natural History Museum in November. The Gala will celebrate our winners’ achievements over the past 25 years and generate vital support for our conservation programmes as we look to the future.
WFN seeks a proactive and organised individual to deliver effective office and facilities management. You will be instrumental in ensuring that IT runs smoothly and efficiently, and that the team has effective support. This varied position offers the successful candidate a key role at WFN, responsible for running and improving the charity’s systems and database. The OM regularly assists in helping organise exciting events, such as our Annual Whitley Awards Ceremony and supports the team across online communications where required. If you are an organised and IT competent individual who is looking for an opportunity to contribute to a high impact charity that supports grassroots conservation, then this is the position for you.
- Requisite experience in office and facilities management.
- Experience in CRM database management (ideally Salesforce).
- I.T. proficient, able to liaise with I.T. consultant to maintain charity systems (Microsoft).
- Track record of providing team support inc meeting minutes, logistics, diaries, administration.
- Extremely organised, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Excellent communication skills (interface with team members, trustees, suppliers, international grantees, donors).
- Personable telephone manner, able to respond to a variety of callers and enquiries.
- History of event organisation.
- Proven ability in effective budgeting, negotiating and budget management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload, meeting deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Ability to anticipate problems, mitigate them before they arise and troubleshoot.
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach and will flourish in a small office environment.
- Ability to work as part of team and on own initiative.
- Confident web editor, (WordPress preferred).
- Strong writing ability.
- Interest in wildlife conservation.
Additional Details Related to the Position
- Holiday entitlement will be at the rate of 2 days per calendar month (pro rata).
- The charity operates a Pension Scheme.
- Apply: before the 30th September deadline. Send CVs including contact details for two referees and a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be right for this position and your motivation to: email@example.com
- Please indicate what your notice period, if any, would be in your letter.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK at the time of application will be considered for this role.
To download the complete job specification, click here.