Communications Manager (Maternity Cover)
We’re seeking a highly motivated individual to join us in the role of Communications Manager (CM) on a fixed-term contract as maternity cover for the current position holder.
This varied role offers the successful candidate a key role at WFN, responsible for website management and developing effective communications across printed and digital platforms. The CM works closely with the Head of Partnerships to draft fundraising proposals and donor reports, and leads on winner PR. The CM is also responsible for developing WFN’s annual Communications Strategy with input from the team, and for ensuring a joined up strategy across all channels. They regularly assist in helping organise exciting events, such as our annual Whitley Awards Ceremony.
The right candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for communicating positive conservation stories to a varied audience, excellent organisational skills and accustomed to managing a varied workload. Strong writing ability and an eye for design are required to deliver communications across the charity, including across printed and digital platforms. The successful candidate will have a desire to contribute to the mission of an effective wildlife conservation charity.
- Demonstrable history working in a similar role within the charity/NGO sector.
- Strong communication skills (interface with team members, trustees, suppliers, international grantees, donors, media).
- Excellent written ability.
- Understanding of key issues in wildlife conservation.
- A track record of producing effective digital and printed communications for a wide range of audiences.
- Requisite PR and media relations experience.
- Confident webmaster/editor (WordPress experience preferred).
- Experience using digital communication channels & tools including social media and web systems to monitor and maximise digital engagement.
- Extremely organised, with high levels of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Proven ability in effective budgeting, negotiating and budget management.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Able to manage and prioritise a varied workload within deadline.
- Capable to work as part of team and on own initiative.
- Flexible ‘can do’ approach and will flourish in a small office environment.
- MSc in Conservation/Biology/Zoology (or similar relevant subject)
- Line manager experience
- History in event organisation
- Fundraising experience
- Competency using Salesforce database and/or Vertical Response
- Familiarity with Adobe Creative Suite and/or Keynote
- Competency with basic video editing
Additional Details Related to the Position
- Holiday entitlement will be at the rate of 2 days per calendar month.
- The charity operates a Pension Scheme.
- Apply: before the 30th January deadline. Send CVs including contact details for two referees and a covering letter explaining why you feel you would be right for this position and your motivation to: [email protected] Please also send a signed copy of WFN’s Candidate Privacy Notice with your application.
- Please indicate what your notice period, if any, would be in your letter.
- Only applicants who have the right to work in the UK at the time of application will be considered for this role.