Applications are open until 31 October 2020!
What is a Whitley Award?
Whitley Awards – our flagship prizes – are available to grassroots conservation leaders working across the Global South. The awards support dynamic, mid-career conservationists who are seeking to scale up effective community-based projects that would benefit from further funding, recognition and international support. These coveted prizes are won competitively following assessment by an expert panel and are presented by our Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, at an annual ceremony. Find out more about the Whitley Awards and the 2020 Whitley Award winners.
What DO WINNERS RECEIVE?
- £40,000 in project funding over one year.
- International spotlight on their work.
- Training in communications.
- Tailor-made films, PR assistance and publicity materials.
- Membership of a collaborative network of over 200 alumni in 80 countries.
- The chance to apply for further funding, with eligibility for WFN’s Continuation Funding and Gold Award programmes.
How do I apply?
If you are a conservation leader looking for funding and support (or if you know of one), you can find all the information you need to apply, here. Anyone can apply for a Whitley Award. You do not need to be invited or nominated to apply.
Applications for the Whitley Awards 2021 are currently open and close at midnight GMT on 31st October 2020.
We hope to hold our annual awards ceremony in London in spring 2021, as part of a week of training and networking for our Whitley Award 2021 winners. However, if COVID-19 and government advice prevent us coming together in person we will hold virtual events in their place.