WFN’s Continuation Funding programme enables previous Whitley Award winners to expand their successful conservation work by offering further grants of up to £100,000 over two years. Often winners go on to become some of the most influential conservationists in their field, making a difference at both the grassroots and international level.
In recognition of the need to bridge the gap between conservation and climate change, we are introducing a new scheme under this programme to support projects focused on large-scale efforts to deliver nature-based solutions that tackle climate change and address biodiversity loss simultaneously, and in consultation with communities. This is more relevant than ever, given the current global crisis and urgent need to reverse global warming and wildlife decline. Thus, the Continuation Funding programme is offering both Nature-Based Solutions grants alongside the Continuation Funding grants.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
The application period for the 2020 Continuation Funding programme is now open! Please see below for details of eligibility and how to apply.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- All previous winners of a Whitley Award who have successfully completed their grant (Final Report submitted and grant closed by WFN) are eligible to apply.
- WFN Associate Award and Runner-Up prize winners are not eligible for Continuation Funding.
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I APPLY FOR?
Continuation Funding is currently offered at two levels:
1) £35,000 over one year
2) Up to £70,000 over two years
Nature-Based Solutions grants are offered at up to £100,000 over two years.
HOW DO I APPLY?
- For detailed instructions on how to apply, refer to the 2020 WFN Continuation Funding Guidelines.
- Complete the concept note by 15th June 2020.
- Following submission of a concept note, you will either be invited to submit a full application, or given feedback. Those invited to complete a full proposal will be emailed the application form to complete.
- Completed full applications must be submitted by 15th August August 2020.
- Successful applicants will receive funding in October 2020.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the Continuation Funding programme.