WFN’s Continuation Funding programme enables previous Whitley Award winners to expand their successful conservation work by offering further grants of up to £70,000 over two years. Often winners go on to become some of the most influential conservationists in their field, making a difference at both the grassroots and political level.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
The 2018 Continuation Funding programme is now open and the deadline for invited full submissions is June 2018 following receipt of a Concept Note by 2nd April 2018.
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I APPLY FOR?
Continuation Funding is currently offered at two levels:
1) £35,000 over one year
2) £70,000 over two years
HOW DO I APPLY?
1. Check your eligibility
- All previous winners of a Whitley Award who have successfully completed their Award grant (Final Report submitted and grant closed by WFN) are eligible.
- Associate Award winners are not eligible for Continuation Funding. Whitley Award Runners-up are not normally eligible, but may be invited to apply.
- Read the Guidance Notes for further details
2. Contact us for a pre-proposal discussion
3. Complete the Concept Note to summarise your proposed work by 2nd April 2018
4. Following submission of a Concept Note, you will either be invited to submit a full application, or given constructive feedback. Those invited to complete a full proposal will be emailed the application form to complete.
5. Completed full applications must be submitted by June 2018.
6. Successful applicants will receive funding in Autumn 2018.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the Continuation Funding programme.