WFN’s Continuation Funding programme enables previous Whitley Award winners to expand their successful conservation work by offering further grants of up to £70,000 over two years. Often winners go on to become some of the most influential conservationists in their field, making a difference at both the grassroots and political level.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
The application period for the 2019 Continuation Funding programme is now closed. If you are interested in applying next year, please see below for details of eligibility and how to apply.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- All previous winners of a Whitley Award who have successfully completed their grant (Final Report submitted and grant closed by WFN) are eligible to apply.
- WFN Associate Award and Runner-Up prize winners are not eligible for Continuation Funding.
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I APPLY FOR?
Continuation Funding is currently offered at two levels:
1) £35,000 over one year
2) £70,000 over two years
HOW DO I APPLY?
- For detailed instructions on how to apply for 2019 Continuation Funding refer to the 2019 Guidance Notes.
- Contact WFN for a pre-proposal discussion.
- Complete the Concept Note by 15th June 2019.
- Following submission of a Concept Note, you will either be invited to submit a full application, or given feedback. Those invited to complete a full proposal will be emailed the application form to complete.
- Completed full applications must be submitted by 31st August 2019.
- Successful applicants will receive funding in Autumn 2019.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the Continuation Funding programme.