WFN’s Continuation Funding programme enables previous Whitley Award winners to expand their successful conservation work by offering further grants of up to £70,000 over two years. Often winners go on to become some of the most influential conservationists in their field, making a difference at both the grassroots and political level.
WHEN CAN I APPLY?
The application period for the 2019 Continuation Funding programme is now open! Please see below for details of eligibility and how to apply.
CHECK YOUR ELIGIBILITY
- All previous winners of a Whitley Award who have successfully completed their grant (Final Report submitted and grant closed by WFN) are eligible to apply.
- WFN Associate Award and Runner-Up prize winners are not eligible for Continuation Funding.
HOW MUCH FUNDING CAN I APPLY FOR?
Continuation Funding is currently offered at two levels:
1) £35,000 over one year
2) £70,000 over two years
HOW DO I APPLY?
- For detailed instructions on how to apply for 2019 Continuation Funding refer to the 2019 Guidance Notes.
- Contact WFN for a pre-proposal discussion.
- Complete the Concept Note by 15th June 2019.
- Following submission of a Concept Note, you will either be invited to submit a full application, or given feedback. Those invited to complete a full proposal will be emailed the application form to complete.
- Completed full applications must be submitted by 31st August 2019.
- Successful applicants will receive funding in Autumn 2019.
Please contact us if you have any queries about the Continuation Funding programme.