Find out what our finalists have in store during Awards week
The Whitley Awards week is about much more than just the Awards Ceremony. During their trip to London, our finalists have the opportunity to meet WFN Patron, HRH The Princess Royal, network with the other finalists and Whitley Awards alumni, attend receptions with leading conservation organisations and academics, meet Whitley Fund for Nature donors, participate in professional communication and media training, and attend interviews with journalists.
To keep up with all our finalists throughout the week and beyond, follow us on Twitter.
Monday 23rd April
- Interviews with the WFN Judging Panel to determine the winners
- Friends Reception where the winners are introduced to the supporters of WFN, whose donations are so vital to our work
Tuesday 24th April
- Media training in print, radio and TV with Boffin Media, sponsored by HSBC
Wednesday 25th April
- Professional speech training with Caroline Black
- Ceremony rehearsals
- Whitley Awards Ceremony hosted by Kate Humble and attended by over 500 guests, where the winners’ films, narrated by Sir David Attenborough, are premiered and HRH The Princess Royal presents the awards to our winners
- Supper where donors have the chance to meet and talk to the winners
Thursday 25th April
- Press conference
- Media interviews
- Workshop with Whitley Awards alumni
Friday 26th April
- Contract signing; as an added bonus of winning an award, the winners receive pro-bono legal advice via the Thomson Reuters Foundation
- Farewell lunch and frisbee in the park
- Winners return to their home countries to carry out their work, joining a network of over 190 Whitley Award winners around the world!