On Wednesday 27 April, we will announce and celebrate the winners of the 2022 Whitley Awards at a ceremony in London, hosted by WFN Ambassadors Tom Heap and Kate Humble, and attended by the charity’s Patron HRH The Princess Royal. We are thrilled to be holding this annual event in-person for the first time in three years.
Our flagship prizes, Whitley Awards are given to inspiring conservationists leading local projects to benefit wildlife, landscapes and people, following a global search and assessment by an expert Judging Panel. Meet the shortlist.
- The 2022 Whitley Awards will be live streamed on YouTube from 8pm BST
- Follow the build up on social media using @WhitleyAwards #OurLocalPlanet
- This event is invite only. Please bring your hard copy invitation and two forms of ID with you for Palace security.
- The ceremony will take place in-person, from 7pm BST at the Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR (Exhibition Road entrance). Doors will not open before 7pm.
- The dress code is day dress/lounge suits. Please bring minimum baggage with you to avoid queues at the cloakroom.
- We encourage guests to take a lateral flow test before attending, and wear a mask if they wish to. Hand sanitizer will be available at the venue. Please do not attend if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or are displaying symptoms.
- This event will be photographed and images may be used on WFN’s publicity materials. Strictly no unauthorised photography or filming is allowed.
Our Local Planet Match Fund:
- Every donation made to WFN around the 2022 Whitley Awards will be doubled as part of Our Local Planet Match Fund, thanks to WFN Ambassador Lord Robin Russell and Lord James Russell.
- Each of us, wherever we live, can take action for conservation; WFN brings changemakers together, so that our collective impact is global. Wherever you are on #OurLocalPlanet, join us.
Watch the trailer: