On Wednesday 26 April, we will announce and celebrate the winners of the 2023 Whitley Awards at a ceremony in London, hosted by WFN Ambassadors Tom Heap and Kate Humble and attended by the charity’s Patron, HRH The Princess Royal.
Our flagship prizes, Whitley Awards are given to inspiring conservationists leading local projects to benefit wildlife, landscapes and people, following a global search and assessment by an expert Judging Panel.
This year, we are also celebrating Whitley Fund for Nature’s 30th Anniversary. This is a chance for us to reflect on the successes that we have collectively achieved through 30 years of partnerships with our global network of winners, and with all of our donors and supporters. As we look ahead to the next 30 years, we know that it is only together that we can tackle the challenges that our planet faces. Thank you for being our #PartnersForPlanet.
- The 2023 Whitley Awards will be live streamed on YouTube from 8pm BST
- Follow the build up on social media using @WhitleyAwards #PartnersForPlanet
- This event is invite only, and hard copy invitations will be posted out in early March. Please bring your hard copy invitation and two forms of ID with you.
- The ceremony will take place in-person, from 7pm BST at the Royal Geographical Society, 1 Kensington Gore, London, SW7 2AR (Exhibition Road entrance). Doors will not open before 7pm.
- The dress code is day dress/lounge suits. Please bring minimum baggage with you to avoid queues at the cloakroom.
- This event will be photographed and images may be used on WFN’s publicity materials. Strictly no unauthorised photography or filming is allowed.
Watch the highlights from 2022: